Amanda-Users

Re: backup speed

2006-12-27 09:18:02
Subject: Re: backup speed
From: Joshua Baker-LePain <jlb17 AT duke DOT edu>
To: Felipe Garrido <pipe.garrido AT gmail DOT com>
Date: Wed, 27 Dec 2006 09:07:49 -0500 (EST)
On Wed, 27 Dec 2006 at 9:45am, Felipe Garrido wrote

I've a doubt about backup speed, in my case it's about 500 kb/s and  my
network it's to 100 mb/s. I want to know it's normal or do I have a
configuration problem ?

Well, it's a little tough to tell what the problem is without *a lot* more detail about your setup. What sort of hardware on the client and server ends? Are you using a holding disk?

Are there a special value in the netusage parameter that I must use in
it? I tried with a 1024 kbps (default) and 100000 kbps values and the
result was the same.

netusage is an upper limit that amanda checks before firing off additional dumpers. It doesn't actually impose any limits.

--
Joshua Baker-LePain
Department of Biomedical Engineering