Amanda-Users

Re: BogusMonth 0, 0 ??

2006-12-19 17:59:07
Subject: Re: BogusMonth 0, 0 ??
From: Frank Smith <fsmith AT hoovers DOT com>
To: Don Murray <samba AT geeksrus DOT ca>
Date: Tue, 19 Dec 2006 16:36:55 -0600
Don Murray wrote:

> Hi everyone, I just had a weird thing happen.  I had already received my
> AMANDA MAIL REPORT for my daily backup for today.  But 5 hours after I
> received the usual backup report, I got another email, this time from
> user "root AT mydomain DOT com" rather from the usual "amanda AT mydomain DOT
> com".
>
> The subject was:
>
> MYDOMAIN AMANDA MAIL REPORT FOR BogusMonth 0, 0

Perhaps some forgotten root cron (or 'at') job that was an attempt to run
monthly backups?  Amanda doesn't run itself, so perhaps you can look in
wherever your system cron logs are and track it down that way.  Probably
not a big issue since it failed, although you might want to run amcheck to
see that it didn't muck with your changer or mark a tape as used (since
its been my experience even a totally failed backup marks the current tape
as used).

Frank

--
Frank Smith                                      fsmith AT hoovers DOT com
Sr. Systems Administrator                       Voice: 512-374-4673