Amanda-Users

Re: "not allowed to execute service amindexd"

2006-12-18 17:58:05
Subject: Re: "not allowed to execute service amindexd"
From: Kevin Till <kevin.till AT zmanda DOT com>
To: Deb Baddorf <baddorf AT fnal DOT gov>
Date: Mon, 18 Dec 2006 14:48:25 -0800
Deb Baddorf wrote:
Amanda help gurus:
My backup server NODEX is the only node (so far)  to run at 2.5.1p1.
So other client nodes aren't having this problem, but
NODEX   acting as a client (and also the server)  has this complaint:

NODEX>  amrecover  daily
AMRECOVER Version 2.5.1p1. Contacting server on  NODEX ...
NAK: user root from NODEX is not allowed to execute the service amindexd: Please add "amindexd amidxtaped" to the line in /home/operator/.amandahosts

So,  okay,   I changed the   .amandahosts line from
OLD:     NODEX  root
NEW:    NODEX  root  amindexd  amidxtaped

Now the error message changes, but I still can't run amrecover:
NODEX>  amrecover daily
AMRECOVER Version 2.5.1p1. Contacting server on NODEX ...
NAK: amindexd: invalid service

Hi,

xinetd/inted format has changed in 2.5.1. Please see:
http://wiki.zmanda.com/index.php/Configuring_bsd/bsdudp/bsdtcp_authentication

--
Thank you!
Kevin Till