Amanda-Users

RE: Mac OSX & dump

2006-10-10 08:29:24
Subject: RE: Mac OSX & dump
From: "McGraw, Robert P." <rmcgraw AT purdue DOT edu>
To: "Bruce Thompson" <drllama AT otherother DOT com>
Date: Tue, 10 Oct 2006 08:18:57 -0400
I am trying to backup an apple server. I started out using tar and it works
just fine but tar will not backup special file systems just date.

So there is no way to backup an Apple server system and restore it to it
original state from the backup.  I wonder how sites with a lot of Apple
servers back up their systems. Hummmm? You would thing that a backup and a
restore would be a mandatory part of an OS.

Thanks very much for you input.

Robert