Amanda-Users

Re: Leaving backups on disk vs. using file driver

2006-09-28 14:51:10
Subject: Re: Leaving backups on disk vs. using file driver
From: Alexander Jolk <alexj AT buf DOT com>
To: Geert Uytterhoeven <geert AT linux-m68k DOT org>
Date: Thu, 28 Sep 2006 18:33:43 +0200
Geert Uytterhoeven wrote:
Amanda only keeps track of what was written to `tape'. You cannot restore from
the holding disk without resorting to a manual restore.

That doesn't hold with what I observe. Whenever dumps are still on the holding disk, amrecover would restore from them just fine.

Whether that would allow one to backup to holding disk alone, I don't know. At the very least, you would have to remove old dumps by hand whenever you don't need them any more.

Alex

--
Alexander Jolk         /         BUF Compagnie
tel +33-1 42 68 18 28 /  fax +33-1 42 68 18 29