Amanda-Users

Re: Restoring from tape when Amanda server failed

2006-07-20 11:23:50
Subject: Re: Restoring from tape when Amanda server failed
From: gil naveh <gilnaveh1 AT yahoo DOT com>
To: Pavel Pragin <ppragin AT zmanda DOT com>
Date: Thu, 20 Jul 2006 08:12:02 -0700 (PDT)
Pavel,
Below if the output from the running the following commands:
root@ # mt -f /dev/rmt/0n rewind
root@ # mt -f /dev/rmt/0n fsf 1
root@ # dd if=/dev/rmt/0n bs=32k count=1
read: Invalid argument
0+0 records in
0+0 records out

Thanks,
Gil
Pavel Pragin <ppragin AT zmanda DOT com> wrote:
Hello,
Can you please run this and post the output:
-bash-3.00$ ammt -f /dev/rmt/0n rewind
-bash-3.00$ ammt -f /dev/rmt/0n fsf 1
-bash-3.00$ amdd if=/dev/rmt/0n bs=32k count=1
Pavel