Amanda-Users

Re: A script to test GNU tar exclude patterns

2006-07-20 01:15:54
Subject: Re: A script to test GNU tar exclude patterns
From: Jon LaBadie <jon AT jgcomp DOT com>
To: amanda-users AT amanda DOT org
Date: Thu, 20 Jul 2006 01:07:18 -0400
On Thu, Jul 20, 2006 at 11:14:39AM +0700, Olivier Nicole wrote:

> > http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/bug-tar/2006-06/msg00001.html
>
> Reading the changelog for GNU tar 1.15.91 is even more frightening, it
> does not affect only the exclude file, but it does affect the extract
> command: tar xf foo.tar *.c now means to extract the file name "*.c",
> not all the files ending with .c
>
> How would amrestore react?

Badly ;(

However, if I read correctly the old behavior can be restored
with the option "--wildcards".  Probably the configure script
will have to test for version > 1.15.90 and if present add
the option.

> For safety, one should not use tar 1.15.91 right now I guess.

 JG Computing
 4455 Province Line Road        (609) 252-0159
 Princeton, NJ  08540-4322      (609) 683-7220 (fax)