Amanda-Users

Feeling lazy, do I have to upgrade to 2.5.0p2?

2006-07-12 20:38:35
Subject: Feeling lazy, do I have to upgrade to 2.5.0p2?
From: "Tanniel Simonian" <simonian AT library.ucr DOT edu>
To: amanda-users AT amanda DOT org
Date: Wed, 12 Jul 2006 22:32:35 -0700 (PDT)
Amanda group,

I recently purchased the new Quantum LTO-3 library. I also purchased a
server that unfortunately works initially with Debian's Testing
installation which defaults to 2.5.0p2 of Amanda-server/client.

I can communicate with the 20 amanda-clients on 2.4.4 with the
amanda-server 2.5.0p2 amcheck, heck I am even able to dump/tar.

I've had many successful test backups so far, but don't want to be
surprised with a weird problem later on.

I quickly glanced at the documentation for incompatibility issues 2.4.4 vs
2.5.0p2, but found none.

Thanks!