Amanda-Users

Re: Ran a Tapetype for LTO-3 if anyone is interested

2006-07-12 16:34:24
Subject: Re: Ran a Tapetype for LTO-3 if anyone is interested
From: "Tanniel Simonian" <simonian AT library.ucr DOT edu>
To: amanda-users AT amanda DOT org
Date: Wed, 12 Jul 2006 18:28:24 -0700 (PDT)
I am unsure why my tape is half the speed but almost 40 gigs more than the
others in the Amanda Wiki. My tapes are Imation Ultrium LTO 3 tapes. Maybe
they are a little longer?

Amtapetype was executred with the device /dev/st0, I do not think this
would make a difference, or can it?  Also SCSI generic support was not
available at the time.

Now that I have everything from the barcode reader working to the tapes
labeled, I will run the tapetype again. I also have SCSI generic enabled
and plan to run tapetype with the /dev/nst0 device.

I will cut and paste the complete console message after the job is
complete if it comes out different. I will use the same tape that I used
to run the original tapetype too.

After all, I too am wondering why I got more space but half the speed. I'd
rather have the reverse.

Tano