Amanda-Users

using amflush

2006-07-10 08:46:30
Subject: using amflush
From: "Joe Donner (sent by Nabble.com)" <lists AT nabble DOT com>
To: amanda-users AT amanda DOT org
Date: Mon, 10 Jul 2006 05:40:55 -0700 (PDT)
Dear all,

in my Amanda test lab, while trying to sort out my issues with hardware vs.
software compression, amdump didn't run on 5 July last week (I subsequently
put Amanda on hold to prevent amdump from running throughout the rest of the
week).  So now I have a directory on the holding disk named 20060705, and I
know that I'm really supposed to flush this to tape.

However, I don't actually care about that backup, and just need to get rid
of it.  I noticed that amflush's man pages say:

"Amflush will look in the holding disks  specified  by  the  amanda.conf
file  in  /etc/amanda/config for any non-empty Amanda work directories.  It
then prompts you to select a directory or  to  process  all  of  the
directories.  The  work  directories in the holding disks are named by the
date at the time amdump was run, e.g. 19910215."

To get rid of that dump, can I simply delete that directory without harming
Amanda or confusing anything...?

Thank you.

Joe