Amanda-Users

Re: using amanda work

2006-06-26 13:13:56
Subject: Re: using amanda work
From: "Stefan G. Weichinger" <sgw AT amanda DOT org>
To: amanda-users AT amanda DOT org
Date: Mon, 26 Jun 2006 18:06:56 +0200
Brian Cuttler schrieb:

>>> reserve 10 # percent
>>>
>>> holdingdisk hd1 {
>>>     comment "main holding disk"
>>>     directory "/amanda/work"    # where the holding disk is
>>>     use 70 Gb           # how much space can we use on it
>>>                         # a non-positive value means:
>>>                         #        use all space but that value
>>>     chunksize 1Gb       # size of chunk if you want big dump to be
>>>                         # dumped on multiple files on holding disks
>>>                         #  N Kb/Mb/Gb split images in chunks of size N
>>>                         #             The maximum value should be
>>>                         #             (MAX_FILE_SIZE - 1Mb)
>>>                         #  0          same as INT_MAX bytes
>>>     }

> With a reserve value of 10, we should be ablet o utilize 60 Gig
> of work area, or do I have some value set backwards ?

>> amcheck -s ninfo
> Amanda Tape Server Host Check
> -----------------------------
> WARNING: holding disk /amanda/work: only 69728377 KB free (73400320 KB
> requested

At first I would set the holdingdisk-definition to something like

use -500 Mb

(if you want to stay safe)

or even remove the "use"-line to let Amanda use all of the space there.

This would remove that nasty WARNING.

After this Amanda will reserve 10% of that space for incremental backups
in degraded mode (with your current setting of the "reserve"-parameter,
of course).

AFAI understand you wonder why Amanda doesn't use the holdingdisk?

Dunno if the upper suggestions make a change, but a simple question:
How big are the DLEs in that config?

Stefan