Amanda-Users

Re: Version 2.5.0: Have incronly/skip-fill issues been addressed

2006-06-13 11:47:32
Subject: Re: Version 2.5.0: Have incronly/skip-fill issues been addressed
From: Toralf Lund <toralf AT procaptura DOT com>
To: amanda-users AT amanda DOT org
Date: Tue, 13 Jun 2006 17:40:33 +0200
Jon LaBadie wrote:
On Tue, Jun 13, 2006 at 11:46:20AM +0200, Paul Bijnens wrote:
I'm still finding out a use for "skip-full".  It seems to be a weird
option:  when the planner had decided to make a full dump, then in
the real run it is skipped. That would mean that you have to be carefully reading the report to know when to run a manual full
dump of that DLE.  And until you do, you have no backup at all.
Strange option...

Yeah, I've only used skip-incr (DLE's containing CD .iso images :)
[ ...]

The reason why I asked about this, was that I'm doing an "incremental only" dump with output to disk, via a separate configuration. This is synced with the "main" config via "amadmin <config> force" - I have written a little script that will extract a list of DLEs that got a full backup during the last run of the main config, and execute the "force" command on the "incremental" one for each of them.

Like I said, I can't remember the details, but I found earlier that I had to use "skip-full" *and* "strategy incronly" in that setup. Unfortunately, with amanda 2.4.x, even that is not enough. The dump level isn't actually reset by the "force" command, and I have to patch the "info" file.

- Toralf