Amanda-Users

Re: port 35280 not secure

2006-04-03 14:55:35
Subject: Re: port 35280 not secure
From: Anne Wilson <cannewilson AT tiscali.co DOT uk>
To: amanda-users AT amanda DOT org
Date: Mon, 3 Apr 2006 19:50:30 +0100
On Monday 03 April 2006 19:01, Gene Heskett wrote:
> On Monday 03 April 2006 13:39, Anne Wilson wrote:
>
> And I've been helping her offlist.  This error is what you get when you
> run the amcheck built in the /home/amanda/amanda-version/server-src
> tree, I just tried it and got similar squawks.  Running it normally, no
> squawks.

I can't confirm, as I haven't managed to run the /usr/local/sbin/amcheck as I
didn't understand the parameters it was asking for:
amcheck: Usage: amcheck [-M <username>] [-mawsclt] <conf> [host [disk]* ]*

> This was a new error to me also, verified by my doing it here with
> a ./amcheck as amanda, while sitting in the server-src tree

I can confirm that I am doing everything as amanda.

Kevin said:
amcheck is not setuid root on the source tree so it fails to bind a
privileged port while perform host check.

I've made sure now that all the /usr/local/sbin/ executables are owned
root:disk, and amcheck is setuid.  What else needs to be setuid?

Anne