Amanda-Users

network bandwidth limits in 2.5.0

2006-03-26 15:32:48
Subject: network bandwidth limits in 2.5.0
From: stan <stanb AT panix DOT com>
To: amanda users list <amanda-users AT amanda DOT org>
Date: Sun, 26 Mar 2006 15:24:43 -0500
I'm setting up a new machine this weekend using 2.5.0.

I've observed some strange behavior relative to network bandwidth. I
started out by copying a config file from an older instance (home), which
has been able to run multiple dumpers in parallel for years. I find that
the 2.5.0 instance seems to be unwilling to run more than 1 dumper in
parallel. amstatus says it's bandwidth limited. I've tried various settings
for the netusage parameter in Amanda.conf. Presently I have 60000 Kbps for a
setting. I've tried leaving this parameter out also.

Seems like I remember from an earlier installation that there is a maximum
number that can be entered here, or it will be ignored. Is this still true?
If so, what is the limit? What will the limit be without this parameter
set? can I enter something like -1 to say no limit?

--
U.S. Encouraged by Vietnam Vote - Officials Cite 83% Turnout Despite Vietcong
Terror