Amanda-Users

Re: Problems starting amanda services with xinetd on Ubuntu

2006-03-26 11:58:59
Subject: Re: Problems starting amanda services with xinetd on Ubuntu
From: stan <stanb AT panix DOT com>
To: amanda users list <amanda-users AT amanda DOT org>
Date: Sun, 26 Mar 2006 11:55:08 -0500
On Sun, Mar 26, 2006 at 11:41:14AM -0500, stan wrote:
> I'm trying to set up an Ubunti machine as an amada server. I've installed
> the xinetd package, and created the files in /etc/xinetd.d. Here is an
> example of one of these files:

I found it.

Looks like the parser does not like the closing curly brace on a spec line.
The following fixed it.

 service amanda
 {
        disable                 = no
        socket_type             = dgram
        protocol                = udp
        wait                    = yes
        user                    = amanda
        group                   = amanda
        groups                  = yes
        server                  = /opt/amanda/libexec/amandad
}

Sorry to bother evryone with this.

--
U.S. Encouraged by Vietnam Vote - Officials Cite 83% Turnout Despite Vietcong
Terror