Amanda-Users

Re: Ultrium tapetype

2006-03-20 09:57:04
Subject: Re: Ultrium tapetype
From: Joshua Baker-LePain <jlb17 AT duke DOT edu>
To: stan <stanb AT panix DOT com>
Date: Mon, 20 Mar 2006 09:51:46 -0500 (EST)
On Sun, 19 Mar 2006 at 12:30pm, stan wrote

On Wed, Mar 15, 2006 at 09:31:17AM -0500, Joshua Baker-LePain wrote:

FYI, I found that I got faster speeds with LTO3 by using larger than the
default blocksize of 32KB.  My nightly amanda backups get ~70MB/s using
2MB blocks.

I went back and tries this, and at least with my current hardware, it's
quite a bit slower:

As an aside, I did my testing with tar, not amtapetype.

   speed 6952 kps

Yeah, that's not so good.

Hopefully when my new PCI-X SCSI card shows up, this will get a lot better.

What's it hooked up to now?

--
Joshua Baker-LePain
Department of Biomedical Engineering