Amanda-Users

RE: Tape change is not sending notification

2006-03-20 04:44:00
Subject: RE: Tape change is not sending notification
From: "Nathanel Sulimanov" <nathanels AT biocontrol.co DOT il>
To: "'Paul Bijnens'" <paul.bijnens AT xplanation DOT com>
Date: Mon, 20 Mar 2006 11:39:29 +0200

On 2006-03-19 00:58, Nathanel wrote:

> Now I have to remove manually a log file "rm /var/lib/amanda/Weekly/log"
> and replace the tape to run "/usr/sbin/amflush Weekly" from the shell.

>>The fact that the "log" file is still there means that Amanda is
>>still running, or has crashed without being able to clean up.
>>When finished Amanda renames the file "log" to log.date.X".
>>Normally, you have run "amcleanup" when Amanda has crashed (there
>>are other files that need to be renamed/cleaned too).

>>Does "ps -fu amanda" show some processes?
>>If yes, What are they doing?  (strace -p PID)
>>If not, is there any core dump in /tmp/amanda ?  Backtrace?

>>Which version are you running?

Hi,

I rpm -qa | grep Amanda shows:
amanda-client-2.4.4p2-3
amanda-server-2.4.4p2-3
amanda-devel-2.4.4p2-3
amanda-2.4.4p2-3

I have  Redhat FC-2 on both  server.

Running ps -fu doe's show process of Amanda and looks luck they are stuck.
Next time I will try to strace to them.

No any core dump.

Looks like Amanda crashed or freezes because the tape is stopping all
activity.