Amanda-Users

Re: mail problems

2006-03-19 11:44:42
Subject: Re: mail problems
From: Jon LaBadie <jon AT jgcomp DOT com>
To: amanda-users AT amanda DOT org
Date: Sun, 19 Mar 2006 10:37:49 -0500
On Sun, Mar 19, 2006 at 01:45:39AM -0500, Gene Heskett wrote:
> On Sunday 19 March 2006 01:22, Jon LaBadie wrote:
> >Not directly amanda related, but affecting amanda.
> >
> >On two linux systems, SuSE 10.0 and FC4,
> >I'm trying to use the distro's version of amanda.
> >
> >However I can't get mail delivered to the amanda user.
> >It is not specific to amanda, seems to be any system user
> >(i.e. a user with uid below 500 or some other number).
> >Instead, mail addressed to amanda/lp/mysql/... are all
> >delivered to root's mailbox.
> >
> >Gotta be a config param I've not found.
>
> Obvious Q Jon, who is the crontab entry mailing it to.

"amanda".

It is not the amanda config, nor an actual amanda problem.
Any mail to any system user, from inside, from outside,
mailed by software like amanda, or mailed using the mail
program directly from the command line, ends up in roots
mailbox.

Interestingly it is on both the SuSE 10.0 and the FC4 boxes
and one, I think, runs postfix while the other runs sendmail.

 JG Computing
 4455 Province Line Road        (609) 252-0159
 Princeton, NJ  08540-4322      (609) 683-7220 (fax)