Amanda-Users

anyone used an ADIC 7-slot VLS DLT tape library with Amanda?

2006-03-17 21:26:36
Subject: anyone used an ADIC 7-slot VLS DLT tape library with Amanda?
From: Craig Dewick <cdewick AT lios.apana.org DOT au>
Date: Sat, 18 Mar 2006 12:19:25 +1100 (EST)

Hi,

I've got an opportunity to buy an ADIC 7-slot VLS DLT tape library for a decent price (ie. not very much at all!) and I was wondering if anyone has successfully used one with Amanda to date?

I've had it with DAT drives and even though they're cheap and nice, they don't quite cut it anymore, so I'm moving up to DLT (LTO arrays are still way too expensive here in Oz).

Regards,

Craig.

--
Post by Craig Dewick (tm). Web --> "http://lios.apana.org.au/~cdewick";.
Email me at "cdewick AT poison.lios.apana.org DOT au". Explore my public-domain