Amanda-Users

Re: how to split partitions

2006-03-16 08:32:24
Subject: Re: how to split partitions
From: Paul Bijnens <paul.bijnens AT xplanation DOT com>
To: listrcv <listrcv AT condor-werke DOT com>
Date: Thu, 16 Mar 2006 14:28:02 +0100
On 2006-03-16 14:12, listrcv wrote:
Alexander Jolk wrote:

srv1    /homes/z    comp-user-tar 1
srv1    /homes {
    comp-user-tar
    exclude append "./[a-z]"
    } 1

No need to define a proper dumptype for every exclusion under the sun.

Do you think this one will work?

No, several errors!

# the backup of home is getting larger when compressed
(I doubt that, because gzip does not do that;  compress would, but
gzip not.  -- Anyway, if it is almost uncompressable, then it's wasted
CPU time anyway.)

prometheus      /home/a*        tar-dfault-no-x
prometheus      /home/b*        tar-dfault-no-x
[...]
prometheus      /home/z*        tar-dfault-no-x
prometheus      /home           {
                                        tar-dfault-no-x
                                        exclude append /home/[a-z]*
                                }

Try this:

prometheus   /home/ALL_a   /home  {
                                          tar-dfault-no-x
                                          include "./a*"
                                  }  1
prometheus   /home/ALL_b   /home  {
                                          tar-dfault-no-x
                                          include "./b*"
                                  }  1
... etc etc ...
prometheus   /home/ALL_z   /home  {
                                          tar-dfault-no-x
                                          include "./z*"
                                  }  1
prometheus   /home/REST    /home  {
                                          tar-dfault-no-x
                                          exclude append "./[a-z]*"
                                  }  1

See "man amanda.conf" for the syntax of a disklist entry.

--
Paul Bijnens, xplanation Technology Services        Tel  +32 16 397.511
* I think I've got the hang of it now:  exit, ^D, ^C, ^\, ^Z, ^Q, ^^, *