Amanda-Users

backup just on holding disks makes many level 0

2006-03-13 09:50:33
Subject: backup just on holding disks makes many level 0
From: Thomas Widhalm <widhalmt AT unix.sbg.ac DOT at>
To: amanda-users AT amanda DOT org
Date: Mon, 13 Mar 2006 15:45:58 +0100
Hi!

We have a rather old workstation running tao 1 (is RHEL 3) with amanda
amanda-2.4.4p1-0.3E.1 . Since this is too old for vdisks, we just backup
to the holding disk. But it makes lots of level 0 backups. Some
filesystems have level 0 just every day!

Is there a way to make level incemental backups more often? Making more
fulls throughout the backup cycle is ok since we got enough space, but
not that many!

Thanks,
Thomas

* Thomas Widhalm                             Unix Administrator *
* University of Salzburg                       ITServices (ITS) *
* Systems Management                               Unix Systems *
* Hellbrunnerstr. 34                     5020 Salzburg, Austria *
* widhalmt AT unix.sbg.ac DOT at                     +43/662/8044-6774 *
* gpg: 6265BAE6                                                 *
* http://www.sbg.ac.at/zid/organisation/mitarbeiter/widhalm.htm *