Amanda-Users

Re: suprising amtapetype error

2006-03-01 10:37:37
Subject: Re: suprising amtapetype error
From: Jean-Louis Martineau <martineau AT zmanda DOT com>
To: amanda-users AT amanda DOT org
Date: Wed, 01 Mar 2006 10:32:24 -0500
Jon LaBadie wrote:

I can attempt to confirm this.  The tar was written before I setup
the stinit definitions.  I can redo the tar using the 32K block
device and see if amtapetype -c complains.

A clarification please, Jean-Louis.  Are you saying that amtapetype
only checks for previous 32K block writes or was the problem I wrote
a tape with a block size different than 32K then tried to read with
a device having a fixed block size.
amtapetype try to read a 32k block size, that will probably failed if the bs on tape
is larger, but it should succeed if the bs on tape is smaller.
That depend of your OS/driver/drive.

Jean-Louis