Amanda-Users

amrecover doesn't prompt for tape change?

2006-02-19 16:59:22
Subject: amrecover doesn't prompt for tape change?
From: ross AT jose.lug.udel DOT edu (Ross Vandegrift)
To: amanda-users AT amanda DOT org
Date: Sun, 19 Feb 2006 16:51:28 -0500
Hello everyone,

When I do a local restore on a backup server with amrecover, I get
prompted to change tapes when it is required:

Extracting files using tape drive /dev/null on host linuxbackup1.
Load tape DailySet102 now
Continue [?/Y/n/t]?"

I can then press "t" and set the tape correctly.

However, when I do a remote restore with amrecover, I get a different
prompt:

Load tape DailySet113 now
Continue? [Y/n]:

This is fine for a restore that requires a single tape, since I can
use settape and the extract a second time.  However, restores
requiring multiple tapes will always fails, since I can't change tapes
in the middle of the restore.

I've verified that the remote server is correctly configured in
.amandahosts for access.

The only difference I can see between the two installation is that the
backup server runs 2.4.5, while the remote server runs 2.4.2p2.  Was
this feature added in between these versions?

--
Ross Vandegrift
ross AT lug.udel DOT edu

man in the bonds of Hell."