Amanda-Users

Re: migrating to amanda questions 3, 4 & 5

2006-02-13 21:50:18
Subject: Re: migrating to amanda questions 3, 4 & 5
From: Salvatore Enrico Indiogine <hindiogine AT gmail DOT com>
To: amanda-users AT amanda DOT org
Date: Mon, 13 Feb 2006 20:39:43 -0600
2006/2/13, Jon LaBadie <jon AT jgcomp DOT com>:
> On Mon, Feb 13, 2006 at 04:41:34PM -0600, Salvatore Enrico Indiogine wrote:
> > > tells me you don't yet understand the amanda scheduling.  It is
> > > definitely not bru.  You don't have incrementals today, fulls
> > > tomorrow.  Each day is a mixture of some DLEs as full, some DLEs
> > > as incrementals.  The aim is to have the size of each day's backup
> > > be approximately the same.
> >
> > You are correct, I do not understand the amanda scheduling.   I would
> > love to find a HOWTO or tutorial that would take me through the steps
> > in setting it up.   I read about all the pieces, but not how to make
> > them work together.  The best I have read so far is in "UNIX system
> > administration handbook", but that is dated and still too short.
>
> Have you visited amanda.org -> documentation -> setting up your config ?

I have looked at:  http://www.amanda.org/docs/index.html

Nothing wrong with the documentation, but I would like to read
something on how to set up a backup strategy.   I am reading about all
the pieces, but I now need to learn how to put them together.

--
Enrico Indiogine
Parasol Laboratory

enricoi AT cs.tamu DOT edu