Amanda-Users

First try at backing up other clients

2006-02-04 12:58:52
Subject: First try at backing up other clients
From: "Gordon J. Mills III" <Gordon.Mills AT usa DOT net>
To: <amanda-users AT amanda DOT org>
Date: Sat, 4 Feb 2006 11:50:25 -0600
I am having a problem backing up another host with my amanda server. This is
my first try at backing up another linux machine. These are both debian
machines. The tape server can backup itself just fine. I installed
amanda-common and amanda-client on the client machine. I setup the
amandahosts file. On the tape server I added the client to the disklist,
etc. If I run amcheck it gives no errors and says all clients are fine. But
when I run the backup (amdump) I get an error for the remote client.

Here are the lines out of amdump.1:
dumper: stream_client: connect to 10.10.10.3.50037 failed: Connection
refused
driver: result time 69.587 from dumper0: TRY-AGAIN 00-00001 could not
connect to data port: Connection refused

After that it tries again with the same result. Can someone please point me
in the right direction. I know its probably something stupid but I cannot
figure it out.

Using vtapes, 2.4.5p1

Regards,
Gordon