Amanda-Users

Re: System Crash when using Amanda

2006-01-11 15:40:23
Subject: Re: System Crash when using Amanda
From: "Stefan G. Weichinger" <sgw AT amanda DOT org>
To: amanda-users AT amanda DOT org
Date: Wed, 11 Jan 2006 21:27:06 +0100
Stefan G. Weichinger wrote:
Freels, James D. wrote:

The problem I had started at kernels greater than 2.6.12.x (starting at 2.6.13.0) and was finally cleared at 2.6.15.0.

Interesting ... I am using that module with kernel 2.6.13 and have no problems. Maybe this related to the old hardware I use, maybe to the fact that the Suse-guys have patched that already (assumption: NO research done on this by me ...)

Some bell rang ....

Could someone point mo to any related bugreport on this?
Maybe this has to do with some strange symptoms I see at a customers site. They use aic7xx with linux-2.6.8 on a Suse-9.2 ...

No complete lockups, but strange tape-errors all over the place.
Everything swapped already, the only thing that helped so far was putting the drive out of the box and laying it on the top of the case with the SCSI-cables through the air ;) Smooth backups since then.

Might be temperature, we'll try an external case for that drive.

But maybe it has to with some module/kernel-problems as well ...

Stefan