Amanda-Users

Re: Amanda and Full metal restore

2006-01-11 10:31:26
Subject: Re: Amanda and Full metal restore
From: Mark Cooke <mark.cooke AT twentyfive.co DOT uk>
To: amanda-users AT amanda DOT org
Date: Wed, 11 Jan 2006 15:14:05 +0000

Thanks for the advice, I did put the wrong command in the last e-mail,
I used typed amrestore, rather than amrecover.

After looking through the man pages for amrestore and a bit of messing around, I have managed to get it to restore correctly (as you said :))

The only thing I'm not sure on is the -f option to amrestore

The man page states:
-f     Do a rewind followed by a fsf <fileno> ... restore an image.

I cannot work out what this represents (I'm sure it's obvious :))

I stabbed at it and just entered 1 and it seems to work ok.

# cd /tmp/restore
# amrestore -p -f 1 file:/path/to/tape/tape01  |  tar -xpGvf - .

Thanks for the help

Mark