Amanda-Users

Re: Volume is not in dump format

2005-12-22 14:14:56
Subject: Re: Volume is not in dump format
From: Joshua Baker-LePain <jlb17 AT duke DOT edu>
To: Myron Kowalski <kowalskM AT cs.moravian DOT edu>
Date: Thu, 22 Dec 2005 14:05:35 -0500 (EST)
On Thu, 22 Dec 2005 at 1:37pm, Myron Kowalski wrote

I've never had a problem restore files to solaris boxes;
however, I'm trying to restore a linux backup, which I've
never done. This is the message I got.

amrestore:  79: restoring aimserver._dev_hda2.20051216.0
Volume is not in dump format
amrestore:  80: reached end of information

I see the tape has the image I want. I usually use this
command:
amrestore -p (drive) aimserver /dev/hda2 | ufsrestore ivf -

Is the error telling me that linux has the compressed the
image a different way. This is the line from disklist

aimserver       /dev/hda2    linux-tar # /usr
                                     ^^^

There's your hint.

 amrestore -p (drive) aimserver /dev/hda2 | tar xf -

--
Joshua Baker-LePain
Department of Biomedical Engineering