Amanda-Users

Re: Problem with 2 tapes backup

2005-12-22 05:04:37
Subject: Re: Problem with 2 tapes backup
From: Alexander Jolk <alexj AT buf DOT com>
To: "Montagni, Giovanni" <gmontagni AT manord DOT com>
Date: Thu, 22 Dec 2005 10:48:34 +0100
Montagni, Giovanni wrote:
1) After 1 hour of backup, amanda eject tape and ask for second tape.
When i arrive at the morning i load the second tape, then amanda eject
second tape and ask for the first. After loading first tape it backup
all data on the first tape. Why amanda can't fill first tape and THEN
ask for the second?

2) is possible to force amcheck to check only the current slot? It
always want to scan all slot, that mean i have to change tape 3 times
every afternoon.

Trying to read between the lines, I think I have an explanation: did you try to skip a tape without telling amanda? She normally tells you which tape she expects; if you try to feed her a different one, this is normal behaviour: she scans all of the available tapes, and then chooses the first one she found that was acceptable. In that case, just give her the tape she really wanted, and she'll take it right away.

As usual, giving the exact messages concerning tape handling that you encountered, would be helpful...

Alex

--
Alexander Jolk         /         BUF Compagnie
tel +33-1 42 68 18 28 /  fax +33-1 42 68 18 29