Amanda-Users

Re: NT_STATUS_ACCESS_DENIED

2005-12-14 11:53:16
Subject: Re: NT_STATUS_ACCESS_DENIED
From: Paul Bijnens <paul.bijnens AT xplanation DOT com>
To: Nicholas Conrad <newlinuxadmin AT gmail DOT com>
Date: Wed, 14 Dec 2005 17:44:48 +0100
Nicholas Conrad wrote:
Just wondering if anyone might be able to help me figure out what is causing the following:

FAILED AND STRANGE DUMP DETAILS:

/-- localhost  //LYNNIE/backup lev 0 STRANGE
sendbackup: start [localhost://LYNNIE/backup <http://intranet.ssrlibrary.ca/horde/services/go.php?url=localhost%3A%2F%2FLYNNIE%2Fbackup> level 0]

That is new to me!! Where is that coming from?  http://....   ???

sendbackup: info BACKUP=/usr/bin/smbclient
sendbackup: info RECOVER_CMD=/bin/gzip -dc |/usr/bin/smbclient -f... -
sendbackup: info COMPRESS_SUFFIX=.gz
sendbackup: info end
? Unknown parameter encountered: "smb password file"
? Ignoring unknown parameter "smb password file"

That should have been "smb passwd file" in your smb.conf.

? NT_STATUS_ACCESS_DENIED opening remote file \Word Perfect\adp new employees.wpd (\Word Perfect\) ? NT_STATUS_ACCESS_DENIED opening remote file \Word Perfect\Lun Mun Inv montly.wpd (\Word Perfect\) ? NT_STATUS_ACCESS_DENIED opening remote file \Word Perfect\MAIL SHEET.wpd (\Word Perfect\) ? NT_STATUS_ACCESS_DENIED opening remote file \Word Perfect\new board package -title.wpd (\Word Perfect\)

Could be several things:

File in use? (but I believe the message would be "sharing violation" or something like that)

Is the smb backup user actually part of the local administrators? otherwise it could not access file with stricter permissions, and cannot reset the archive bit either.

Specific permissions on those four files? (Administrators, if not listed explictly by the permissions can be lock out to some files by MS Windows access lists, contrary to "root" on Unix -- however, selinux
can do that too).

Have tried rebooting LYNNIE already?  (i.e. The most successful solution
for many MS-Windows problems, by lack of public documentation of the underlying architecture...)

* I think I've got the hang of it now:  exit, ^D, ^C, ^\, ^Z, ^Q, ^^, *
* F6, quit, ZZ, :q, :q!, M-Z, ^X^C, logoff, logout, close, bye, /bye, *
* init 0, kill -9 1, Alt-F4, Ctrl-Alt-Del, AltGr-NumLock, Stop-A, ... *