Amanda-Users

Re: Files garbages after restore :-(

2005-12-01 14:05:24
Subject: Re: Files garbages after restore :-(
From: Ram Krishnamurthy <tk AT zmanda DOT com>
To: Jehan PROCACCIA <Jehan.Procaccia AT int-evry DOT fr>
Date: Thu, 01 Dec 2005 10:51:44 -0800
Hi Jehan
What do you mean by
> Since then, I fsck.ext3 -f the /var partition which caused me the
> problems, it works fine now (last 3 days) ,

What works fine? The restore? Are you not seeing the file corruption anymore?

Thanks
tk

Jehan PROCACCIA wrote:
Hello
I've been saving partitions with amanda (dumps) for weeks now ... unfortunaltly while needing to restore a file I got garbage :-(

For exemple, here's what I expected from the file I needed:
[root@server /var/www/html/server/settings/siteaccess/site_unite_server_en]
$ cat site.ini.append.php
<?php /* #?ini charset="iso-8859-1"?

[DatabaseSettings]
DatabaseImplementation=ezpostgresql
etc ...

And here's what I got from an amrecover (same with amrestore !)
[root@server /data1/restore-server/21-11-2005/www/html/server/settings/siteaccess/site_unite_server_en]
$ cat site.ini.append.php
$var3, 'templateValue' ) )
   $var3 = $var3->templateValue();
$var2 = ( ( $var3 ) == ( 'enabled' ) );
unset( $var3 );
while ( is_object( $var2 ) and method_exists( $var2, 'templateValue' ) )
   $var2 = $var2->templateValue();
unset( $var3 );
etc ....

You can see that it's completly different ! source codes have replaces the initial php configuration code . It's as if one file was replaced with an other one, perhaps inodes were mismatched or something ...?
Is this problem already occured to someone on this list ?
Is amanda in cause , dump part, restore part ? , or it comes from outsite amanda tools , from the system (here redhat 4 running amanda-2.4.4p3-1) ?

I'am really confused about that problem, and cannot be confident on my backups as long as I am not sure of what was the problem. Since then, I fsck.ext3 -f the /var partition which caused me the problems, it works fine now (last 3 days) , but I'am afraid of beeing once again confronted to that problem.
Thanks of any help / sugestions .

--

Ram "TK" Krishnamurthy

http://www.zmanda.com