Amanda-Users

Re: please check your config and use a config file for chg-scsi

2005-12-01 10:38:06
Subject: Re: please check your config and use a config file for chg-scsi
From: "Richard Pyne" <rpyne AT kinfolk DOT org>
To: amanda-users AT amanda DOT org
Date: Thu, 01 Dec 2005 08:16:21 -0700
On 1 Dec 2005 at 13:25, Alexander Jolk wrote:

> Richard Pyne wrote:
> > I am STILL trying to get amanda set up to run with an adic
> > Scalar 458 changer with three DLT4000 drives.
> [...]
> > I decided to try to label a tape. After that failed miserably, I
> > decided to take a step back and just try to get chg-scsi to
> > work.
>
> Is there a reason you cannot use chg-zd-mtx?  If your changer works with
> mtx, that might be simpler to set up.
>
> Alex

No reason at all other than there is nothing in the
documentation that would indicate that it is a better choice.
The docs seem to indicate that the chg-scsi is a more direct
interface, especially for the Linux 2.6 kernel that has changer
support.

I am still baffled that my earlier request for configuration
suggestions only got one reply and that was to say "read the
wiki" which provided no more insight than the other docs. Is no
one out there using an adic Scalar tape library? It seems odd
that if no one is using it that chg-scsi recognizes it
specifically.

I'll give chg-zd-mtx a try.

--Richard