Amanda-Users

please check your config and use a config file for chg-scsi

2005-11-30 22:31:53
Subject: please check your config and use a config file for chg-scsi
From: "Richard Pyne" <rpyne AT kinfolk DOT org>
To: amanda-users AT amanda DOT org
Date: Wed, 30 Nov 2005 20:15:59 -0700
I am STILL trying to get amanda set up to run with an adic
Scalar 458 changer with three DLT4000 drives.

After spending far too many hours reading and re-reading the
docs and sample config files. I took a shot at building a
configuration.

I decided to try to label a tape. After that failed miserably, I
decided to take a step back and just try to get chg-scsi to
work. I started with the chg-scsi-linux.conf then I tried using
the -genconf option. The best I can get out of either of them is
"please check your config and use a config file for chg-scsi".

The contents of changer.conf file (without comments) are:

number_configs     1
emubarcode         0
havebarcode        1
debuglevel       9:0