Amanda-Users

Newbe question

2005-11-23 12:17:57
Subject: Newbe question
From: "Richard Pyne" <rpyne AT kinfolk DOT org>
To: amanda-users AT amanda DOT org
Date: Wed, 23 Nov 2005 10:09:20 -0700
I have just recently installed amanda on what is going to be
dedicated tape backup server. I have an adic Scalar 458 tape
library with three DLT4000 tape drives. I have 49G of ultra fast
10,000 rpm scsi disk storage (striped across 5 drives using
LVM2) dedicated to use by amanda.

My long term goal is to configure amanda to do backups from a
number of machines on the local network to RAIT 3 tape sets. My
immediate goal is to simply get amanda configured to work with
the tape library and drives.

Any and all pointers, suggestions, sample configurations, etc.
will be greatly appreciated.

I have read the amanda howto docs and am still somewhat confused
on the best way to proceed.

Thank you in advance for all you help.

--Richard