Amanda-Users

Re: amrecover index empty

2005-11-23 09:37:24
Subject: Re: amrecover index empty
From: Jon LaBadie <jon AT jgcomp DOT com>
To: amanda-users AT amanda DOT org
Date: Wed, 23 Nov 2005 09:18:48 -0500
On Wed, Nov 23, 2005 at 02:48:14PM +0100, Jehan PROCACCIA wrote:
> hello
> I use amnda to backup several servers, unfortunatly since a few weeks
> ago, indexes for amrecover don't work anymore.
> I check the faq-o-matic
> http://amanda.sourceforge.net/fom-serve/cache/24.html and I am not in
> any cases mentioned
> "index yes" is set, amrecover is call with "-C" , and I use Gnu tar
> tar-1.14-4 on my fedora core 3 backup systeme ( kernel  2.6.10-1.770_FC3
> amanda-server-2.4.4p3-4)
> Index file are present but empty !
> [root@backup /var/lib/amanda/int/index/cobra3/_p2v5f1]
> -rw-------   1 dumpy disk   20 nov 21 23:02 20051121_3.gz
> -rw-------   1 dumpy disk   20 nov 22 23:40 20051122_3.gz

Those are "indexes" of a level 3 dump.  I presume there are corresponding
level 2, level 1, and level 0 indexes also.  Correct?

> the size "20" is apparently only due the the gzip compression of '0' data !.

That is what my quick experiment suggests.

> what is the problem ? advices ?

Since the problem is not amrecover, stop focusing on it.
client to see any problems that occurred.

Is this the only DLE for which indexes were working and
now stopped?

If there were some good indexes made, then they stopped,
concentrate on the differences from before and after
that date.

 JG Computing
 4455 Province Line Road        (609) 252-0159
 Princeton, NJ  08540-4322      (609) 683-7220 (fax)