Amanda-Users

Suppressin AMVerify output

2005-11-17 06:54:00
Subject: Suppressin AMVerify output
From: Tony van der Hoff <lists AT nospam.vanderhoff DOT org>
To: amanda-users AT amanda DOT org
Date: Thu, 17 Nov 2005 11:38:40 +0000
Hi,

I have a cron script which runs nightly, performing an amdump, followed by
amverify. Both work fine, except that I get an unexpected message from
amverify:

The expected mail message gets sent from the amanda user to my mailbox:
Tapes:  HomeDumps-04
No errors found!

amverify HomeDumps
Thu Nov 17 02:35:22 GMT 2005

Using device /dev/nst0
Volume HomeDumps-04, Date 20051117
Checked tony-lx._cvsroot.20051117.0
Checked tony-lx._home.20051117.0
End-of-Tape detected.

But, in addition, I get a message from cron:
No tape changer...
Tape device is /dev/nst0...
Verify summary to tony
Defects file is /tmp/amanda/amverify.25355/defects
amverify HomeDumps
Thu Nov 17 02:35:22 GMT 2005

Using device /dev/nst0
Volume HomeDumps-04, Date 20051117
Checked tony-lx._cvsroot.20051117.0
Checked tony-lx._home.20051117.0
End-of-Tape detected.

This suggests that amverify is writing to stdout/stderr as well as to the
mail message, which really is tortologous.

This only seems to have started happening since I upgraded to amanda 2.4.5.
So, what is the significance of this message, and how do I suppress it?

Cheers, Tony
--
Tony van der Hoff          | mailto:tony AT vanderhoff DOT org
Buckinghamshire, England