Amanda-Users

question about chg-scsi config

2005-11-15 10:11:16
Subject: question about chg-scsi config
From: Rodrigo Ventura <yoda AT isr.ist.utl DOT pt>
To: amanda-users AT amanda DOT org
Date: Tue, 15 Nov 2005 14:50:17 +0000
What exactlty means the "sleep" configuration parameter in the
changer.conf file? I notice some lag in the tape commands (it seems
the tape is doing nothing, and the amtape is just sleeping...), so
maybe the default value of 90 is too conservative for my system. How
can I safely tune it?

And BTW, are the cleanmax, cleancart, and cleanfile actually used for
automatic tape cleaning? (is such cleaning visible in the amanda
reports?)

Cheers,

Rodrigo

--

*** Rodrigo Martins de Matos Ventura <yoda AT isr.ist.utl DOT pt>
***  Web page: http://www.isr.ist.utl.pt/~yoda