Amanda-Users

amrecover from the DMZ

2005-11-10 14:11:03
Subject: amrecover from the DMZ
From: Guy Dallaire <clepeterd AT gmail DOT com>
To: "Amanda (E-mail)" <amanda-users AT amanda DOT org>
Date: Thu, 10 Nov 2005 13:53:22 -0500
Hi,

My amanda tape server is in the internal network. I backup a couple of
host from our DMZ. I configured amanda with specific UDP and TCP port
ranges that I gave to the netowrk admin so he could configure the
firewall properly. So far so good, I can successfully backup my DMZ
hosts.

But this morning, I tried to use amrecover, and it does not seem to
work from the DMZ hosts. It hangs at "contacting server on
tape-sever-host.mydomain"...

Looks like some hole has to be punched in the firewall in order to recover.

Which ports does amrecover use to contact the tape server ?

Thanks