Amanda-Users

Re: RAIT with Tape und Virtual Tape

2005-11-04 17:45:56
Subject: Re: RAIT with Tape und Virtual Tape
From: Jon LaBadie <jon AT jgcomp DOT com>
To: amanda-users AT amanda DOT org
Date: Fri, 4 Nov 2005 17:34:27 -0500
On Fri, Nov 04, 2005 at 10:36:48PM +0100, Nicki Messerschmidt, Linksystem
Muenchen GmbH wrote:

> O.k. I tried it today and using the chg-multi changer script with
> entries like:
> slot 1: rait:{tape:/dev/nst0,file:/some/path}
> I was able to do some backups after both the virtual tape and the real
> tape had the same label. If they differed I got a
> "Numeric value of of domain" error.
> Restore using amrecover failed out of the box with the same error. When
> I set the tape device to either on of the rait component it worked well.

You may be the first to try it.

Is there anything you can see different in the index dirs,
or curinfo, or ???

What I'm wondering eventually is whether the "virtual" tape
can be removed without the real tape losing its index.  I guess
not as you found they must be the same tape label.

Did you have to do an amlabel for one, then an amlabel -f for
the second?  What does that do to the tapelist?

 JG Computing
 4455 Province Line Road        (609) 252-0159
 Princeton, NJ  08540-4322      (609) 683-7220 (fax)