Amanda-Users

Re: Incrementals even if tape is big enough

2005-11-04 11:15:24
Subject: Re: Incrementals even if tape is big enough
From: Joshua Baker-LePain <jlb17 AT duke DOT edu>
To: matilda matilda <matilda AT grandel DOT de>
Date: Fri, 4 Nov 2005 11:10:08 -0500 (EST)
On Fri, 4 Nov 2005 at 4:52pm, matilda matilda wrote

until yesterday I thought I understand amanda roughly, but now I'm not sure
anymore.
I thought that the planner tries to put as much as possible from all DLE to the
tape.
I just installed a new tape drive with big tapes which should be big enough to
hold
a full dump of all systems every day at the moment.

So, why does the planner schedule incremental dumps when he could do full dumps?

Amanda's goal is *not* to fill the tapes every night. Its goal is for the backups each night to be the same size.

--
Joshua Baker-LePain
Department of Biomedical Engineering