Amanda-Users

Estimate Timeout Issue - Dump runs fine

2005-11-02 06:52:22
Subject: Estimate Timeout Issue - Dump runs fine
From: Tom Brown <tom.brown AT goodtechnology DOT com>
To: amanda-users AT amanda DOT org
Date: Wed, 02 Nov 2005 11:32:29 +0000
Hi

Server is 2.4.5 and client is now 2.4.5p1 both on CentOS

I use Amanda and have done for years with no issues setting up etc - I can pretty much set up with my eyes closed now!! Amanda rocks...

But i'm getting a slightly strange error with a large partition. The partition in question is around 900gig in size although only a few hundred meg are currently used. When the estimate runs it returns

FAILURE AND STRANGE DUMP SUMMARY:
  planner: ERROR Estimate timeout from "servername"

Thing is though the actual dump of this filesystem runs fine - I have increased my eTimeout to 20mins but this still occurs - Any ideas on this one?

thanks