Amanda-Users

Re: Connection refused by peer

2005-11-01 12:57:39
Subject: Re: Connection refused by peer
From: Thomas Wegner <thomaswegner AT gmx DOT net>
To: amanda Mailingsliste <amanda-users AT amanda DOT org>
Date: Tue, 01 Nov 2005 18:45:37 +0100
Am Montag, den 31.10.2005, 08:59 -0400 schrieb Gene Heskett:
Hi Gene!
Thanks for that detailed answer.

> >In /root/.amandahosts is an entry 'localhost root'.
>
> Wrong location for the .amandahosts file.  It should be in the
> $home/$user directory whom amanda runs as.  The FAQ discusses this
> (whats wrong with building and running amanda as root) I believe.
My user is "backup" and he has an .amandahosts file in his home
directory.

> If you built and installed amanda as root, then rip it all out, nuke the
> src dir, then do an adduser amanda and make this user a member of the
> group disk or backup (whatever your machine uses for those disk related
> tasks) then do an su amanda, untar a fresh copy of the src tree, recopy
> your config script into that directory and re-exec that script, which in
> my case finishes up with a make, all done as the user amanda.  Then
> become root again and reinstall it.  The permissions will now be
> correct.
I've installed a debian package so that I don't know what build options
were chosen at build time.
Can I check this anywhere?
I don't whant to build amanda from source.

Greetings

Thomas