Amanda-Users

Re: no backups M-T?

2005-10-25 09:48:29
Subject: Re: no backups M-T?
From: Gene Heskett <gene.heskett AT verizon DOT net>
To: amanda-users AT amanda DOT org
Date: Mon, 24 Oct 2005 23:12:35 -0400
On Monday 24 October 2005 18:06, Cameron Matheson wrote:
>Hi,
>
>I just got my tape library back online, and I thought backups should be
> good to go now, but it seems that maybe all those days that i missed
> out on backups have confused amanda or something.  No backups occured
> over the weekend (I had changed my crontab to make it run 7 days a
> week), but I didn't get any emails from amanda over the weekend.  I
> tried running 'amadmin DailySet1 balance', and it reports the
> following:
>
> due-date  #fs    orig KB     out KB   balance
>10/24 Mon    0          0          0      ---
>10/25 Tue    0          0          0      ---
>10/26 Wed    0          0          0      ---
>10/27 Thu    0          0          0      ---
>10/28 Fri   20  182596290  182596290   +362.5%
>10/29 Sat    6   62085930   62085930    +57.3%
>10/30 Sun    4   31671340   31671340    -19.8%
>TOTAL       30  276353560  276353560  39479080
>  (estimated 7 runs per dumpcycle)
>
>How come there is nothing scheduled for Monday-Friday?  My crontab is
> set back to running amanda Monday-Saturday (does this utitity even read
> the crontab? I'm not sure how it works).  Anyway, I flushed the old
> backups (from last week) to tape w/ no difficulty, so I think it should
> be able to dump stuff to tape... I'll run amdump manualy tonight if i
> can't figure this out, but it would be nice to figure this thing out.

crontabs settings have little to do with amandas scheduleing other than
supplying the do it command at the specified time & dayofweek. You
probably want to check your dumpcycle, runspercycle and such in the
amanda/Dailyset1/amanda.config to make sure its doing an every day mode.
Although, I note that the above does indicate you do have a dumpcycle of 7
days, and a runspercycle of 7 also.  So now I'm scratching my head too.

And coming up empty unforch.
>Thanks!
>Cameron Matheson

-Ed Howdershelt (Author)