Amanda-Users

RE: Listing a tape content ?

2005-10-25 09:48:16
Subject: RE: Listing a tape content ?
From: "Lloyd Weehuizen" <lloyd AT sidhe.co DOT nz>
To: "'Guy Dallaire'" <clepeterd AT gmail DOT com>, "'Amanda (E-mail)'" <amanda-users AT amanda DOT org>
Date: Tue, 25 Oct 2005 16:47:47 +1300
It depends on how you backed up your disk. Assuming you're using GNU
tar, you'd want to do something like this:

amrestore -p /dev/nst0 <server-name> <disk> | tar -tvf -

That pipes the output of amrestore through tar which just displays the
contents. However this will not give you the modification dates of the
files and I'm not exactly sure how you'd do that :(

Lloyd