Amanda-Users

Re: distlist order ?

2005-10-24 17:44:19
Subject: Re: distlist order ?
From: Deb Baddorf <baddorf AT fnal DOT gov>
To: amanda-users AT amanda DOT org
Date: Mon, 24 Oct 2005 16:37:26 -0500
On Mon, Oct 24, 2005 at 12:06:51PM -0700, Mike Delaney wrote:
 On Mon, Oct 24, 2005 at 01:57:58PM -0400, Jon LaBadie wrote:

 > I've not used them, but aren't there some disklist config options
 > to specify do these at a specific time or delay these for some time
 > after starting amdump?

 There's the starttime dumptype option to specify a fixed "not before" time
 of day, but using that for this purpose means estimating when the dumps of
 > all the other systems are likely to be done.

How about specifying  "not before   cron-start-time  + 1 hour"   for everything
*except*   the backup node itself?    Force it to be the first one.    It is
easier to estimate how long one node will take, than how long all the rest of
them will take.

Of course, that means specifying a starttime  for all nodes but one.

Deb