Amanda-Users

Re: Tape size problem

2005-10-24 10:35:24
Subject: Re: Tape size problem
From: Alexander Jolk <alexj AT buf DOT com>
To: Lloyd Weehuizen <lloyd AT sidhe.co DOT nz>
Date: Mon, 24 Oct 2005 16:29:16 +0200
Lloyd Weehuizen wrote:
I have been using Amanda to automate backups to a Ultrium LTO 2 device
for about a year now. Up until now there have been no issues and the
backups were easily fitting on the tapes. However lately the datasize is
going above 100Gig and for some reason Amanda is reporting it has
reached the end of the device even though it is a 200G native tape.

Are you sure your drive and tapes are LTO-2? I'm using LTO-2 with hardware compression off, and I routinely hit EOT around 206 million KB.

Alex

--
Alexander Jolk         /         BUF Compagnie
tel +33-1 42 68 18 28 /  fax +33-1 42 68 18 29