Amanda-Users

Re: Problem with backup

2005-10-18 15:08:45
Subject: Re: Problem with backup
From: "Robert Tilden" <tilden AT northwestern DOT edu>
To: amanda-users AT amanda DOT org
Date: Tue, 18 Oct 2005 14:05:03 -0500 (CDT)
On Tue, October 18, 2005 12:23 pm, Jean-Francois Malouin said:
> Hi there,
>
> * Robert Tilden <tilden AT northwestern DOT edu> [20051018 13:14]:
>> I'm having a problem with amanda backups on one node in our group of
>> linux
>> boxes.

> hmmm, with all due respect, can we see the perms ond ownerships?
> Me thinks you suffer from root squashing if /usr/lib/amanda
> is a nfs mount.
>
> HTH,
> jf

Hi,

Interesting thought, but everything is contained under the "/" partition.
No nfs mounts. One other item of possible interest is that there seems to
be more log files than there should be in /var/log/amanda for a particular
failed instance. The only entry in the disklist file for this node is

node1  /               comp-root-tar

but a directory listing of log files shows:

amandad.20051018004609000.debug
amandad.20051018004609.debug
runtar.20051018004609.debug
runtar.20051018004801.debug
sendsize.20051018004609.debug
sendsize._.20051018004609.exclude
sendsize._.20051018004801.exclude

Amanda is invoked in xinetd with the following:

service amanda
{
        disable = no
        socket_type             = dgram
        protocol                = udp
        wait                    = yes
        user                    = amanda
        group                   = disk
        server                  = /usr/lib/amanda/amandad
}

Thanks