Amanda-Users

amrecover questions ?

2005-10-06 12:12:29
Subject: amrecover questions ?
From: Bernard_Wu AT NCCI DOT COM
To: amanda-users AT amanda DOT org
Date: Thu, 6 Oct 2005 11:55:12 -0400
Hi Listserv,
I am trying to get "amrecover" to work.  I keep getting this message :

 # amrecover daily
AMRECOVER Version 2.4.4p2. Contacting server on localhost ...
220 lnxdev AMANDA index server (2.4.4p2) ready.
500 Access not allowed: [access as amanda not allowed from root@localhost]
amandahostsauth failed
***1159*** [root@lnxdev:/etc/amanda/daily] *** uid=0 ***

Here is what my .amandahosts looks like :

#  cat  .amandahosts
lnxdev.ncci.com         root

Here is what my .rhosts looks like :

#  cat  .rhosts
+

Any ideas ??

TIA

Bernie Wu
bernard_wu AT ncci DOT com

The information contained in this e-mail message is intended only for
the personal and confidential use of the recipient(s) named above. This
message may be an attorney-client communication and/or work product and
as such is privileged and confidential. If the reader of this message
is not the intended recipient or an agent responsible for delivering it
to the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that you have
received this document in error and that any review, dissemination,
distribution, or copying of this message is strictly prohibited. If you
have received this communication in error, please notify us immediately
by e-mail, and delete the original message.