Amanda-Users

no space left on device during amflush

2005-10-05 13:22:21
Subject: no space left on device during amflush
From: Shang-Lin Chen <schen AT gps.caltech DOT edu>
To: amanda-users AT amanda DOT org
Date: Wed, 05 Oct 2005 10:07:30 -0700
Hi,

Last night I forgot to change tapes, so all the dumps were made to the
holding disk. Normally I would change the tape in the morning and run
amflush, and everything would work fine. But this morning, when I tried
to run amflush, it failed immediately and sent me this error message:
FAILURE AND STRANGE DUMP SUMMARY:
  taper: FATAL shmget: (655440 tapebufs) No space left on device
  amflush: ERROR Cannot flush without tape.  Try again.

The correct tape is sitting in the drive, and amcheck gives the correct
output:
Amanda Tape Server Host Check
-----------------------------
/backup2/amanda: 723260628 KB disk space available, using 722748628 KB.
amcheck-server: slot 1: date 20050910 label DailyScec1.016 (exact label
match)
NOTE: skipping tape-writable test.
Tape DailyScec1.016 label ok.
Server check took 33.191 seconds.

Amanda Backup Client Hosts Check
Client check: 4 hosts checked in 0.979 seconds, 0 problems found.

(brought to you by Amanda 2.4.2)

Thanks for your help!

S. Chen