Amanda-Users

Re: Howto exclude a addition server in my exclude.gtar list

2005-10-04 06:47:48
Subject: Re: Howto exclude a addition server in my exclude.gtar list
From: "Stefan G. Weichinger" <sgw AT amanda DOT org>
To: Amanda List <amanda-users AT amanda DOT org>
Date: Tue, 04 Oct 2005 12:37:29 +0200
Chuck Amadi Systems Administrator wrote:
Hi

I have create the path and exclude.gtar file with the same permissions
as on my main tape/index server.

So I assume that when the GNU tar runs on the backup server it will not
tar/backup any files within the dumptype parameter on the amanda clients
with the default path thus I can know see the logic as different clients
would have different exclude list to suit.

Yes, the exclude list has to exist on every client dumped using the related dumptype.

--
Stefan G. Weichinger
AMANDA core team member